Friday, August 3, 2007

Out of Air

Well yesterday was a nice hot day here in the good ole' south. My day was running along smoothe and fine. I was going to meet the lady keeping Mackenzie at Wal-Mart and we would shop a while and off to the house to hit the sheets early. I was so worn out. Well, I was on the road home talking to my best friend when I heard a strange noise. First I thought the road was a little worn out, then I noticed my car was getting harder to handle. I pulled over and sure enough a flat tire at 5:30 in the evening...the hottest time of day. I was about 1/2 mile from town on the interstate and remembered that a man I work with would be coming along soon behind me. Well sure enough I got him on the phone and he came to help me.m It took us quite some time to get everything in place and start jacking up the car. When what do you know the Jack want lift it up high enough, so we got his jack to help the rest of the job...well this is working until I noticed that the new jack was making it lean a little...I mention to him (a man) that it is going to fall and he ignores me (nothnig new) and what happens, you guessed it, it fell. But no one was hurt. About this time I get mama and daddy on the phone who just happened to be at walmart and got the baby for me and Mama says hey we have triple A they can do it for you. So they come and the guy I work with leaves...well 20 minutes later dressed in his sunday best, the repair man comes...who naturally daddy knows by first name. within 10 minutes I am back on the road to home. By this time it was after 7 and I was completely worn out, dirty, and sweeting bullets. I feed Mackenzie some spagetti and we jumped in the tub together(1st time ever). We were so filthy. She goes on to sleep and i pass out in the recliner for a while and then off to bed at 9:30. I am still exhausted today and it is so hot today. it is h0tter than yesterday...temp is 98 in my car at lunch, yuck. Well thank goodness it is Friday. I am looking forward to naps tomorrow and sunday.

1 comment:

Knit Wit said...

I was worried about your tire. Remember coming back fom FL and the tire blew out on mt moms station wagon. Good times!

love you, E