Monday, August 6, 2007

Fun weekend

We had a busy weekend. We started out Saturday by going to Laney's birthday party. Laney is my aunt Diane's little girl, she just turn 1. We had a good time at the park. She got lots of cute things and I think everyone had a good time. We came home...tried to take a nap:) and then mama and daddy picked us up and off to the little fair behind my grandmother's house. They have this little fair every year and I thought it would be fun...well turned out to be a blast. Kenzie loved it. She road a couple of little rides by herself and I didn't even have to stand beside her or anything. She never cried...she would laugh and point as she went by us. She had a wonderful time. She didn't like the carosel. She liked the train and loved the cotton candy. She had a hard time falling alseep. We didn't get to see Jimmy's kids ride anything, because if anyone knows my brother, he had to go home and take a shower and then come up. They got there around 9 and we left around 9:30. we had been there since 7 and I had forgotten a stroller. Kenzie was getting very restless and wanted to get down. Kayly said they had a good time and they filled me in on the rides they went on the next day. I wished we could have watched them. Jake started his new shift Sunday...It was different, but I think we will like it. It is hard to get used to working 12 hour shifts, but I think it will be worth it. OH, I almost forgot, I had a hard time Saturday morning...I thought oh, I am a strong person, I can handle my dog and my baby, so I decided to take them both to the vet, alone. Well if anyone has ever lead a basset hound on a leash will know they are extremely strong animals. He is like an ox and pulls everywhere he goes. Just as I get the front door of the vet's office open, he starts to go in and then quickly changes his mind..zoom the other direction. I am expecting this naturally so I move Kenzie who is waiting patiently by my side until I have to pick her up and man handle Phil in the vet. He is none to happy by this point and shaking like a leaf. They take us in the back and while they are cutting his nails I hear him go nuts and I stick my head out the door and I asked very upset(not at the staff, but at Phil) Did he try to bite her...no they said, but he was making such a racket that we put a muzzle on him. Shannon(the only one he will let touch his feet) was off that day. I was upset with him for that I guess I will have to call a head to make sure she is there when I take him..oh, and not wait two months to have them cut. When I was Pregnant I took him every two weeks like I am supposed to, but I have been very slacked. Well then the doctor comes in and bends down to look at his hairless spot on his paw and Phil pee's everywhere...he has never done that before. so He gave me some med. to put on it. and then some lady and her child help me get my two very spoiled and rotten youngens in the car. I was so relieved to be done with that.
I told you lots going on this weekend.
love you, Em

3 comments:

Knit Wit said...

Oh, that looks so fun. Wish we could have been there to go.

Poor Phil, it was so scared. I dread the next time we have to take Rory.

grannyshirley said...

Hey, I remember going to that fair behind your Grandmothers house. I wish I could have been there to see all the fun Mckenzie was having.

How old is Jimmy's daughter now??

Love ya

Anonymous said...

Dang that sounds like it was an interesting day. Phil really hate the vet huh, its a good thing kenzie was having a good day or you would've been going crazy!