Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Happy Birthday

Well today is a special day in our house. It is Phil's 4th birthday. So yes, I made him a cake and got him two squeaky toys and some raw hide bones...this morning I woke him up with his presents and a hot dog...me and Jake sang him happy birthday and he just couldn't stop waging his tail. I know he is just a dog to most people, but to us he is our child. He is a special member of our family. We love him very much. Mackenzie's diaper rash is so much better...I think that the Vaseline I have been using is what has done the trick. She seems so much happier...still a little chapped but not red anymore. She is finally sleeping all night. She may wake up occasionally and cry out for a minute and then you will hear her singing to herself. She has always hummed herself to sleep. Sometimes it gets aggravating at 3 in the morning. I was up until about 12:30 last night doing laundry of all things. My couch had turned into the laundry basket and it was overflowing on the couch and so I decided I was going to Iron too while I was folding and hanging up. I don't know what got into me, I don't Iron unless I have to. I started at around 8:30 and watched The Young and the Restless while I was at it and the time just flew by. I was going to change the sheets on our bed, but by the time Jake got home, I could have cared less if there were sheets at all. I was so worn out. Well got to get back to work :)

2 comments:

grannyshirley said...

I'm glad that Mckenzie's rash is better. Say Happy B'day to your dog for me. Dogs are such a comfort. Mine, Briscoe, loves to ride in the car. You don't even know he is there. He will sit in Brooke's booster seat. Sometimes they will fight over the seat. LOL

Knit Wit said...

Happy Birthday, Phil!!!