Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Why did I get up this morning

This morning has been a weird one. First I get up and turn on the shower, put some laundry on, put the dog out...then jump in the shower. Things aren't going to bad. I remember to wash my hair and rinse out the conditioner. Then I get dressed and start running some bath water for Kenzie...because, I was lazy last night and she didn't get one. So I go in and my grouchy toddler is sitting there with snot all over her face. I put her in the tub and we sing Popcorn Popping while I wash her hair. She loves that song. Then we hurry and get out and I put a kinda faded outfit on her...it's just daycare....she comes home looking like she just wallered in the trash bin anyway. So I couldn't find her comb or brush so I just made do with my hand and put her a ponytail in and we head out the door. I did remember to get my lunch, but lost one of Kenzie's shoes in the garage as she was getting in the car. We rush to daycare and when I put her diapers in her locker I just happened to notice lots of camera equipment in her room...yep, you guessed it my homeless looking child has pictures today....that I of course forgot about. So I just said oh well we won't buy these and take her to the baby room with the other children. I leave and half way to the interstate remember..I didn't even button the back of her shirt. I bet they wondered about that. Well yesterday, I had a better time...I actually put my own underwear on backwards. As I was putting them on I thought, "Man my butt has gotten so big, my underwear doesn't even fit anymore" I just yanked them up and noticed they were on backwards about 10:30 when I went to the bathroom and saw the tag. So as you can see I started out at a good pace anyway. Then I get to work today and I hear a helicopter outside of my work...I say to myself, wonder what happened? Well I turn my car off and it quits...I think to myself...that wasn't my car was it. Yep, turn it back on and the helicopter starts back up. So at lunch I take it to a shop and they say, well your bearing, clutch, pulley...or something else is trying to go out and that is why it is burning the main belt to your car that can break at any minute and we can't get to you until Friday. UUUGGGGGG!!!!!!!! What a day. Thank goodness for brothers that love their sisters so much. My brother will be in Friday and he is a mechanic and he can fix it for me. But now, getting home! I work about 45 miles from home so thank goodness for nieces and nephews that have soccer games an Tuesday's. So a man I work with is going to follow me until I break down and then met my parents and go to the game. I know you are all jealous of the unknown of this afternoon! But don't think I wouldn't trade you one bit. I would, I am not a selfish person. I love sharing! So I will let you in on the Break Down of my car. You know in spite of it all, some people might be stressed or upset, but I think sometimes when you just laugh about it or make light of it, you actually feel better about the situation and can think clearer!

3 comments:

Knit Wit said...

Oh, my!!!!

I would probably do the same thing about the noise. What was that? Was it my car?

But I would worry about driving my car if I knew it was going to break down.

Please keep us imformed on the events of your car.

Emily said...

Are you kidding? The median has signs all down it that says Reserved for Emily Martin.

The High Family- said...

Oh my gosh...you are so funny. You sound so much like me. I am glad you were friends with cameron in college. He is a great guy. He said you were really funny and nice. Glad you found us in this crazy blogging world.