Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tuesday's thoughts

Well just wanted to say congrats to Richard and Erica and baby Ruby Anne. We hope everyone is doing great and can't wait to see pictures. Well I have still been thinking about the whole job situation. If I would have taken the job, I would have not had a paid vacation, no paid maternity leave(no not pregnant), I would have had to buy all new clothes...business casual! I only do casual. I wear flip flops to work everyday. I love that part. I just know that Heavenly Father has a plan for my life and when I do my part I just need to let him do his. He knows what I need at this time in my life and I have to accept that. I think it sounds strange to most people, but I couldn't go against the Lord. Sometimes we don't know why Heavenly Father points us in the directions he does until much later and then we look back and say....oh, maybe that is why :) Like when I decided to drop out of Ricks and move home...the day after I got home, I met Jake. Eventhough at the time he was married and I was certainly not interested in a non member, married older man. Much less to date anyone. Well little did I know that on that day, that I hadn't showered or fixed my hair that I would be meeting my Eternal Companion. He later seperated from his wife and actually moved in with my sister and brother-n-law. We were reintraduced and went on our first date almost a year after that first meeting. I was still not interested after all that time to start "DATING". I didn't want to just date anymore....I knew that the next "boyfriend" I had would be the guy I intended on marrying. Well Jake joined the church in March of 2002. We started "DATING" the first of June 2002...and were married June 5, 2003. It hasn't always been easy and we have had very hard times in the past 4 years. We have become stronger and closer to our Heavenly Father through every struggle. I would not change the path my life has taken or the blessings Heavenly Father has given to me and my family. Okay, enough of that. I am completely excited for our trip out west. I can't wait to go. I am a little nervous about taking Kenzie though. I just worry she will be one of those babies that screams the entire flight. I hope not! She has become such a good traverler. She very well in the car and maybe this will not be too bad either. The longest stretch is about 3 hours at once on the plane and maybe she will sleep through most of it. I hope so. I am busy today getting ready for Inventory at work. All I can say is overtime, overtime, overtime. I will not be getting in before 11 p.m. after Thursday. I am working late, Thursday, Friday and I have to work until about 7 on Saturday and then some on Sunday. I am not ready I don't think. Jake will be on his own with Kenzie on Thursday and then his mama is coming to stay with us this weekend...thank goodness. Jake has to work all weekend so that stinks. She will have a good time with Kenzie I think. I just hope Kenzie will nap for her and go to bed at night for her like a good girl. I can do it Saturday night, but Friday is what I am worried about. I just hope she takes a nap for her on Saturday and Sunday...she didn't last time she stayed with her. But I am sure she will do fine. Well if you have a chance you need to check out my friends blog. She is selling hairbows and they are really cute. So check it out Two Little Ladybugs.

2 comments:

Knit Wit said...

Thanks for spreading the word about my bows.

Your so right about the paths our lives take. I was for certain I would meet/marry someone while I lived out west.

Funny how one small thing can change the course we thought we were on.

grannyshirley said...

I thought for sure Erin would marry someone out West. But her dad go sick and that is what brought her home. The rest is history.

Thank's for spreading the news too. I hope Erin does well selling the bows.