Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Falling alseep

I have always heard of kid falling asleep while eating, but it had never happened to me before...well until Sunday. Kenzie always falls asleep on the way home from church, but this Sunday I wanted to keep her awake. I gave her some bread and she happily was eating. We were about 3 miles from home, and Sister Diamond(89 year old I pick up) said OH, Emily, do you have your camera? I said why, she said you have to pull over and take her picture. I pull over and pull out my camera and capture some sweetness. Then on to the house we go. She only slept for about 5 minutes and was wide awake when we got home...which is good, I am so stingy with my Sunday afternoon nap. You see we go to church from 9-12 and I love my nap afterwards. We get home and she eats wonderfully for me...and then off to bed by 1:30. We slept until 4:30....wow what a great day. It was wonderful and much needed and appreciated. She has been talking up a storm lately really making sense and telling you what happened and what she needs or wants. Sometimes it is wonderful, and then sometimes I wonder where did the silent smiles go. she is my precious little girl.
I also took some pictures of our newest addition at 16 weeks. I am finally feeling pregnant. I also turned 27 this month and had a great birthday. I didn't even do anything special , but it was a wonderful relaxing day. I got a great mirror for my house and can't wait until I decide where to put it up. I took a picture not that great, but ignore the dog in my messy bed. Right now it is on the floor in my room, being protected from little fingers. I was so excited when Jake brought it in!!!!! Man he loves me! I am just glad her remembered. So lots to be thankful for lately.

4 comments:

Knit Wit said...

Isn't it cute? When they fall asleep like that,I mean.

I love her chair. Where did you get it?

Emily said...

Babies R US. She loves it. She lays sideways in it. Like she is so big. She tells me she go night night in her rock rock.

Anonymous said...

Emily, she is so cute. Happy late Birthday!! I hope you had a good one.

The High Family- said...

I love the picture of her asleep! That is hilarious. Also, love the belly pic. Isn't it fun getting bigger, okay maybe not. I can empathize with you, believe me. Hope you are feeling good!