Monday, December 31, 2007

A good surprise

Well lots of good things to report about this weekend. First on Saturday Mackenzie went pee pee and poo poo in the potty at two different times. On her own. She asked to go. I didn't initiate it. I don't think she is really all that ready to potty train. I am going to let her kinda keep it up. If she wants to go and try then fine we will try, but I don't want to try to make her ready before she really is. I mean she is only 21 months old. Okay, so on to surprise number two. On Sunday I was taking a much needed much appreciated nap after church. When the door bell rings. I think gosh it is only 4 and who is here. I get up to see my mother standing looking in the window I think, gosh she knew I was taking a nap....what is up! I open the door and I see this person smiling at me. OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I start screaming it's MISTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited I jumped into her arms....which almost fell off...I forgot I am almost 4 months pregnant and have gained a few pounds. I was so overwhelmed with excitement. What a great surprise. She said that Tyler had a flight voucher that had to be used before the end of the year, and he said here go see your family!!!! :) She surprised us all but Heidi, because she had to have someone pick her up from the airport. I was so glad. So that was my surprise for the year 2007...a great way to end a year! :)

2 comments:

Knit Wit said...

What a nice surprise!!! Tell her I said, "Hey"

Way to go Mackenzie. Wish I had more advice on the potty training but you know how it's been with us. Although if she told you she had to go both times she is probably ready.

joshua said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.