Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Great Leader

It brings me great joy to read all of the wonderfully good press and heart felt condolences of the passing of Gordon B. Hinckley. He was truly a remarkable man. I love logging on and reading all my friends blogs and on them is a picture of this great man. I talked to an old roommate last night and we were remembering our time at Rick's when President Hinckley came to talk and dedicate the Taylor building. I skipped class to wait for tickets to get in the auditorium to see him speak. I didn't want to just watch him on TV, I wanted to sit in the same room with a Prophet of God. I ended up getting in and we sat on the hard concrete stairs of the gym. I didn't care...just to feel his amazing spirit when he walked in and the hush that fell upon the crowd of over 4000 in the room was amazing! I will never be able to describe the feelings I felt that day as I sat and listened to him. I was also privileged again to go to New Orleans, LA with my family and my husband a new convert to listen to him one last time in person. It was still that amazing feeling as soon as he entered the room, even children were calmed and quiet. He was truly a man of God and I will miss him greatly.

No comments: