Monday, January 21, 2008

Snow in Mississippi

Can you beleive it! We actually had a good snow in Mississippi on Saturday Morning. It is a big event here in the south to get good, well any snow. My phone started rining at 7 to tell me the great news and to see if I had seen it...of course I said no I am in the bed...I'll see it when I get up! All grumpy...but after the 4th call I decided to go a head and get up. It was actually snowing hard and we still had some in our yard today...hard to beleive I know, especially when last week it was like 70 one day. I decided it being Mackenzie's first snow, to put her in a dishpan and pull her in the snow...she wasn't too sure if she liked it at first. What gave me this idea, was that when I was a little older than her, maybe like a year, it snowed and they put me in a dishpan and pulled me in the snow behind a dirtbike! I don't remember it, but I have the pictures to prove it. So naturally I wanted the same kind of picture for my daughter, even if she doesn't seem to thrilled. It hasn't snowed in MS in 7 years. Actually last time it snowed I was on Christmas break from Ricks and I was so excited to go home to no snow...I was so tired of looking at it. And what do you know New Years night it snows. I started to cry. I couldn't even escape it being home, where some Christmas's we were seen in shorts and tee shirts. The snow then wasn't as good as this weekend. It brought back very good memories of many times in Rexburg. I missed you girls. OH, and no I wasn't tempted to step out of my house in a bathing suit in the snow! I will not elaborate on this, if you don't know me then you don't need to know the details, but for the ones who know what I am talking about...I missed y'all and the good times we had. Well anyway, we had a great time in Kenzie's first snow and as she would say she "payed in no" Translation, she played in the snow!

No comments: