Friday, April 4, 2008

A Year Ago Today

A year ago today my little precious one was in an operating room having her extra thumbs removed. We were really worried about the whole thing....she loved sucking her left thumbs. How was she going to do with two arms in casts up to her armpits for 14 days? How was she going to make it with out her precious security of her thumbs? Well I want you to know it was great. She was great. She never complained, she never whined about it, she was a great trooper and it broke the sucking thumb habit and has never tried to suck them since. I am so glad we had the surgery and I am anxious to see if the new baby will have something similar. I hope not, but if he does then we will just deal with it. It is still a thought in my mind though, but I guess everyone has similar fears of what the unknown is...and this little busy body of a boy is defiantly unknown. I can't wait to met him!

1 comment:

The High Family- said...

What a trooper. She seems like such an amazing little girl and I bet will be the best big sister!