Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday

I can't believe my little girl is two. She turned two a couple weeks ago, but we had her party Saturday. She had a better time this time than last party. I think she was just completely overwhelmed last year. I had to get some balloons blown up before her party, so I decided to wait until the last minute....Surprised? Well on our way to get them blown up, I get pulled over for speeding. I though I had ran the stop sign, but I guess I was going 41 in a 25? hmmm not too sure, but probably. Okay, so this lady knows I'm in a hurry and then gets on her cell phone just to piss me off I'm sure. I was nice though. We then go to get the balloons, I leave Jake and Kenzie in the car, and when I get back in Jake says more good news...the park where we were going to have the party has like three other parties there and there are like 100 or more kids there. No way!! so I thought really fast and we went to the park behind my grandmother's house. I often forget this place...it is where I had so many memories as a kid, riding bikes and skating and skateboarding. I think we spent most of our younger years there. It is a bigger park, but to be honest it was actually better there than the other one would have been. The kids had so much fun, and lot's of room to run and play. There wasn't anyone there until almost the end of the party. It was kinda chilly when we first got there, then the sun came out and it was beautiful couldn't have asked for a better day. Kenzie didn't cry one time and had a blast. I made the cake and mama came over Friday night and helped me decorate it...It turned out pretty good, for my first time, and mama's first time in like 20 years. We were up until midnight, and had a good time together. I was glad she helped me. We both had black teeth, from eating some of the black icing. It was a good memory maker for us.
The time has sure flown by and I can't wait for all the years to come...okay, maybe skip teenage year's!!!! Any offers for her at about 13- 16 year's old would be considered!!! Just kidding. She sure is growing and learning more everyday. It seems like yesterday, she was just born and we had the crying that you couldn't understand and all the emotions of a first time mama...and now we are almost with two little ones and it feels somewhat unreal to us. We wouldn't trade the mo's mo's (eskimo's or fish kisses) for anything. I am even glad for the tantrums at times...at least she is right on track and still on this earth with us. I love you Mackenzie Grace so much!

1 comment:

Knit Wit said...

What a great job on the cake!!!

I can't believe she is 2 either. Time really goes go by to quickly.

Happy Birthday, Mackenzie!