Wednesday, April 2, 2008

"Fever's and Cough's Oh My"

This weekend has been okay. We had a good family day on Saturday. I filled Kenzie's sandbox up with water and made her a little pool, since I never got her any sand to put in it last year!!! Okay, yeah, I know great mother. She played in the water for about an hour while Jake mowed the grass and I pulled some weeds in the flower beds...with lots of frequent breaks. This belly of mine will not allow me to bend over for long periods of time. Then we went to mama's around 4 or so and she wanted to be outside, so it was beautiful and we got in the swing with nanny and then road a bike(tricycle) around on the carport. She can't reach the pedals at the same time (she is just a shrimp) But she learned that if she got all the way up at the front she could reach the ground with her tiptoes and push herself around. She loved it. She put nanny's car keys in the little holes on the handlebars and she would ride around like she was grown. Then we got home and just hung out a little bit more. Then Sunday morning woke up at about 5 with a fever of 100, and yes we still went to church. She wore a cute little summer dress...I am so excited for the summer clothes! She loved it...then we got home from church and she is running a 102.3 fever...so I think maybe it's an ear infection and we will see if she is still running fever on Monday I will make her an appointment. Well Monday comes and she is coughing now and still running a fever. She has slept terrible for two nights in a row by now and we take her to the doctor yesterday and she may or may not have strep throat...he didn't want to do a test. He is an old doctor and said he was diagnosing strep 35 years before there was even a test for it....so he gave her some med's to cover strep and sent me home. She rested so good last night and hasn't ran a fever since about 1 this morning. I have been putting Vick's on her feet and then putting socks on her and it seems to keep the coughing away for a couple hours at least. The coughing has been pretty bad especially at night. Her headboard on her bed isn't attached to the bed yet, and she has been really restless and between the headboard hitting the wall and her coughing I couldn't take it anymore. I went in and snuggled up with her so she couldn't move anymore and she pointed to the door and told me "mama night night mama's bed." She was actually begging me to leave. She didn't want me to hold her to where she couldn't move and had to be still. I am so glad that last night was a lot better...and I am glad that I remembered the Vick's on her feet...I don't know why, but this works better than any cough medicine does. So try it next time you have coughing fits...couldn't hurt!

2 comments:

Knit Wit said...

That dress is so cute! I love all the adorable dresses for summer. We have a lot from Aynslee so Avery get's to be dressed in something different every week for church for about 2 months of Sundays. LOL!

I hope she is feeling better soon it's no fun to have a sick bebe.

Oh, BTW I have the cutest outfit for the new baby.Love Carters! And the cutest oneies I have ever seen, it could be a coming home outfit it's so dang cute. I just need to get it in the mail.

Dick&Erica said...

Fantastic idea about the vicks on her feet. I will definitely try that when our next round of the cough comes. With Ella in nursery and this never-ending cold weather, it's sure to come again.