Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Big girl bed

We have finally made the transition from crib to big girl bed. We had a queen bed in the baby's room and so we decided not to buy a new bed just use the queen one instead. So we move the room around on Saturday. She started freaking out when she saw her crib coming out of her room...she was yelling Kenzie's bed, Kenzie's bed! She likes her big girl bed, but she was still not sure about the whole thing. She sleeps like a rock in her new bed and I have had to wake her up every morning so far. She hasn't tried to get down yet, but I know it is coming. She can get off of the bed by herself, but luckily she doesn't. She cries a little for us to lay down with her, so we do for like 2 minutes...and then she has to go to sleep on her own. Last night she was whining and saying mama, mama, mama...over and over and over again getting louder each time. She finally said Mama mere. I went in and she wanted me to lay down with her. I told her no and that she needed to lay down by herself. I left...immediate crying. After about 2 minutes of whining..I yelled down the hall, stop that whining and go to sleep...I'll be in to check on you in a minute. Well she immediately stopped whining and said okay, and within 10 minutes was fast asleep. So far it has been really easy for us...but she hasn't tried to get down yet instead of staying in her bed. I can't believe I have an almost 2 year old and she is not in her crib anymore. I can't believe I am having another baby soon. I sure have grown up and turned into my sister's and mother!

No comments: