Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dr. Appointment

Well everyone sit down and take a deep breath. We went to our first Doctors appointment today. I convinced Jake to go with me when he got off work, even thought I knew he would be exhausted. Well we get to the Dr. at 8:30 for our appointment and after waiting, peeing in a cup, taking blood (Jake was proud I didn't cry...like he would have), getting weighed and blood pressure taken....we found out we are pregnant! Yes I know nothing new! He didn't even listen to the heartbeat. We are due June 9th. He took all my stats and then gave me an evaluation and took some test for cultures...I hate those, and felt around a bit. Then he came back in and told me he wanted to do an ultra sound next week to make sure of my dates. I didn't ask any questions about it, but I am now a little worried about it. I don't know if he thought I was further along than I am or if I am not as far along as we think we are. I am not sure, I should have asked questions. But one the bright side we are definatley pregnant and the insurance is great. We only have to pay $15 for the whole 9 months and we pay that only one time. The rest is 100% paid. That is great. I love Jake's new job. Well I'll update you next week. Things around the house have been pretty normal. Kenz is talking a lot more now. She is finally cuting some more teeth on top, so maybe she will have more than four!!! She is so smart! She folds her arms by herself during family prayer for the whole prayer. It is really cute. She does so good! She did take her shirt off this morning and was trying to put it on herself. I walked in her room and she was saying clothes, clothes, mama clothes. She was so proud of herself. She will see Jake's truck or mine and say "that's daddy's" or "mama's". She wants to Go Go all the time. She loves to be going somewhere. She absolutly still loves "Dancing with the Stars" She thinks that this girl named Abba..she calls Babba is on the show. She wants to watch Babba all the time. I just let her think it is her. It makes her happy! Last night she was getting out of the tub and she was standing in front of me while I dried her off a bit and she lifted my shirt and said baby and gave my belly a huge kiss. It was really sweet even if she doesn't know exactly what is going on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Em, I am so happy for you and your family. love ya

Knit Wit said...

She is going to be a great big sister.

lindsey said...

keep us posted on your progress...how exciting!